Please find video work samples here.
Below is a selection of work I produced during and after my master’s program at American University, as well as some pieces from my time in Madrid before that. If you’d like any more information please feel free to contact me at kquist followed by the number 14 at gmail dot com.
Text & multimedia work
- Audio story on bilingual theater group Paso Nuevo – Fall, 2010.
- Women candidates fall short in elections – article and audio for American Observer, Nov. 4, 2010.
- Traumatized Soldiers Battle System Hurdles – article and audio for American Observer, Oct. 20, 2010.
- Tradition in every stitch, Africa in every outfit – article and photo slideshow for DC Intersections project, Fall, 2010
- Day laborers unite to avoid exploitation – The D.C. Mic Check, May 1, 2012. (Find PDF of text here if link expired)
- Occupying the Department of Justice – “Let’s Fucking Stand Our Ground.” – Occupy.com, picked up from The D.C. Mic Check, Apr. 25, 2012.
- Statutory rates hide truth about corporate taxation – The D.C. Mic Check, Apr. 16, 2012. (Find PDF of text here if link is expired)
- Activists denounce ten years of Gitmo detentions – The Occupied Washington Times, Jan. 13, 2012. (Find PDF of text here if link expired)
- Museum stays close to home, history – American Observer, Sept. 23, 2010
- Volunteers fill literacy gap in Spanish-speaking D.C.– unpublished coursework, Nov. 2010.
- D.C. cannabis program struggles with regulation – unpublished coursework, Nov. 2010.
- Are all politicians pigs? – article for MAP Magazine, Arts, Madrid, Mar.1, 2008
- Madrid restaurants for gluttons – travel writing for Venere.com, Feb. 25, 2008