Things I want to talk about but – oh dear! where does the time go?
- New Jersey Teens Charged in Videotaped Immigrant Murder – This man could have been any one of the beautiful people I worked with at Busboys and Poets, and the thought makes me sick.
- Crooksandliars posts Taboo’s anti-SB1070 law and lots of good links to info.
- SB 1070 goes into effect on Thursday, July 29, and there will be protests. Wish I could find one here to go to, and that I wasn’t going to be in class all day.
- Bookseller of Kabul author, Asne Seierstad found guilty of defamation, and must pay damages to a woman who charged she was unfairly portrayed in a “humiliating, untruthful way.” What are the ramifications for journalists?
- Crooksandliars.com thinks MSM is upset about Wikileaks cuz its stealing their glory as “gatekeepers” of information. Discuss….
- Brit Hume sounds like a tool, saying Shirley Sharrod “got off easy.” Sigh.
- I feel sorry for whoever has to go out and write stories like this one, about two young men found hanged. Sensational headline accomplished, it’ll get you pageviews but what useful information is in here? Interviewing a totally irrelevant dog walker who didn’t see anything? Seriously? I hope I never have to write like this.